our previous posts
for removing sticky, gooey stuff
(think of the stuff from poplar, fir or pine trees or just about anything else)
from pet fur we asked several veterinarian clinics for advice and updated the information.
*notable additions include NOT USING any types of alcohol (acetone, nail polish remover, windshield washer fluid, window cleaners, rubbing or isopropyl); potentially harmful oils (mineral, baby, turpentine or motor); powerful cleaners (hand sanitizers, bleach, ammonia, gasoline, dish soap, laundry detergent, hand soap, or all natural cleaners) or even peanut butter (it may contain xylitol)
because they may damage your dog’s sensitive skin or if your dog licks this stuff it may cause problems.*
*ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR VETERINARIAN FIRST!*
. . . a close up photograph of the offending sticky, gooey stuff attached to our border collie dog’s fur while laying in our bathroom . . .
. . . using our finger tips dipped in a very small amount of pure olive oil, rub the fur very gently to remove the poplar buds and pine needles . . .
. . . then wash with pet shampoo and rinse well with clean water.
a BIG THANK YOU to the pet professionals we consulted (in no particular order) at: