of you may
recall Jake’s post from last week.
this is how we keep the Dog about Town’s soft, fur coat clean from sticky, gooey, sappy stuff . . .
- first we make sure we do it on the linoleum in our bathroom, where the stuff that comes off won’t bond itself to our carpet, hardwood, tile, rugs, bedding, furniture or clothing
- next we pour a small amount of pure olive oil into an appropriate container
- we DO NOT USE any types of alcohol (windshield washer fluid, window cleaners, rubbing or isopropyl); oils (mineral, baby or motor); cleaners (hand sanitizers, bleach, ammonia or all natural cleaners) or even peanut butter (may contain xylitol)
- we dip our fingers into the olive oil and then we work them into the offending areas (a tiny amount works wonders)
- we repeat the above step until the offending stuff begins to loosen and slides out of his fur
- we are very careful not to tug at it so that Jake doesn’t feel any discomfort. think about gum in your hair and how careful you would be removing it. 😉
- an amazing amount of stuff comes out and is now sticky AND oily. that’s the second reason we do it in our bathroom
- now that it’s mostly removed we check the area again carefully for anything we missed or that may have “migrated” 😉
- the third reason we do it in the bathroom is because we like to wash out the olive oil (and any residuals) from his fur preventing him from licking it and/or depositing it all over our home
- REMEMBER TO WASH WITH PET SHAMPOO AND RINSE WELL WITH CLEAN WATER
Jake achieves a Zen-like state during bath time 😉
Jake loves the attention. bathing/grooming time can be
a wonderful bonding
these pictures were made after day #540 of our Go4aWalk?
a BIG THANK YOU to the pet professionals we consulted (in no particular order) at:
“JAKE’S BEST GUESS” 4 DOG WALKING CONDITIONS THIS WEEKEND IN CALGARY
people’s forecast: bring a hat and sunscreen. a mix of sun and cloud on both days but there is a possibility of rain.
doggy temperatures: bring lots of water & DON’T leave me in the car. high 27 Celsius / low 13 Celsius
sunrise / sunset: 05:28 AM / 9:53 PM
off leash conditions: mostly dry